Kent Wayne Snyder, 1959-2008

Kent Wayne Snyder, 1959-2008

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kent's Sister Remembers

The following thoughts and loving memories come from Kent's sister, Dena Rees.
First let me say that I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity and endearing comments from everyone! Thank you very much from our entire family!

Kent or "Kent-a-raunt", as Missy and I, his youngest sisters, would affectionately call him was such an incredible teacher, leader, hysterically funny and wonderfully sweet man that I was so privileged to call my big brother.

"Kent-a-raunt" I will miss most your sense of humor and contagious laugh among so many other things. Johnny and Chandler would even comment, "Mom! You laugh sooo hard when you are around Uncle Kent!" You took great pleasure in making us laugh and including us in your practical jokes.

So many comments here reflect your professional side, but there was another side to you that involved your deep devotion to family. You would rush into K.C. and squeeze in as much family time as humanly possible in a weekend or over a holiday break. I recall many holiday gatherings, glancing over and watching you hug and love on your nephews, almost as if you knew your time with them was short.

As my devoted brother you never judged, you always listened, and made time for me or anyone in our family. As I have read from many others, I too consulted you in every major decision in my life. When I didn't, I made mistakes, but you never pointed those out to me. You taught me countless life lessons. You taught me discipline, professionalism, and that simple is better. You taught me to be direct, appreciative, selfless, thoughtful, considerate, and to show respect. All of these things I learned by watching you. Kent, you had this gentle, joyful, determined spirit about you that was divine. I wasn't done learning from you, but will now carry you in my heart and continually ask myself, "What would Kent do?" I miss you desperately. I am at peace in my heart, only because you struggled in the end. You are now at peace, my dear sweet brother.

Dena Rees

1 comment:

chas eric said...

Many many "Mahalo's" to you Dena Rees for sharing your feelings with us. I got to thank Kent personally at the primary night celebration hear in Concord NH. Kent sealed his fate in the history book for our country as a man of much importance. Blessings to all his family. Charles compostmaui@yahoo.com