Kent Wayne Snyder, 1959-2008

Kent Wayne Snyder, 1959-2008

Friday, July 4, 2008

Kent Memories

Last July, Kent asked me to help him take mail to the post office. The first order of Ron Paul Slim Jims arrived, and we had some special orders to fulfill. After finishing our errands, Kent offered me lunch. We discussed blowback, hypocrisy in American politics, and our academic achievements. The next day, he offered me a job.

I made the decision to stay in Virginia, and take Kent up on his offer. I have not told this to many, but when I was hard pressed in finding a place to live, Kent opened his home to me until I did. I was taken by his trust and generosity.

Kent did for me as I'm sure he has done for countless others. He offered guidance, insight, advice, and reality checks when I needed them. There is no doubt in my mind what Kent did with the campaign will benefit American politics in the long term, and for a very long time. Kent, you have opened our eyes.

--
Brandon Standish

No comments: